Tuesday 29 September 2009

Arrival in Phnom Pehn

Not much to report today apart from - yes you've guessed it another early start for us to catch the 7am bus to the capital. We were advised to use Mekong Express and we were impressed, the six hour journey flew by. We even got a bottle of water, a pork bun and a slice of banana cake (not as good as Rach's muffins) in the $11 deal! We stopped off at Thong Phom (look it up in a history book for more details - not good though).
We checked into our pre booked hotel which cost $20 a night/no breakfast (bit pricey for our budget) and then walked down the road to find a cheaper one for $10 - more to spend on food/beer tomorrow!
Apart from that we had a stroll around, saw an elephant with flip flops on and a monkey tucking into a take away! Tomorrow we'll explore more.
Hope all is good.
Lots of love
Mark & Rach. xxx
PS - Becky it was me yesterday (and today) - did I use bigger words! or just go on a bit!
PPS - glad to have our No 1 contributor back! Or has Jen taken top spot with your neglect.

3 comments:

  1. I am definately back, I apologise for being useless whilst I was away, but its ok, i am back, and ready for commenting!
    You could tell it was you Mark, you "jabba"-ered on a bit (do you see what I did then with Jabba) and you used words with more syllabals (hope thats how you spell it)
    Anyway back to your arrival in Phnom Pehn!
    I am glad to see you are using your money wisely on more food and beer, this is a good approach to have! Also - an elephant in flip flops and a monkey having a takeaway - i hope you took pictures!!
    By the way, Poppy is in the bad books - kept me up with her snoring, puppy dreams and I woke up with no duvet! What a cheeky monkey!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pic of an elephant in flip flops!! We are nearly back into the swing of things...Ellen had her first sleep through the night since we got back which was good for us,although I'm not sure if I feel better for it!!
    Hope your $10 hotel was ok and the beer & food was good....
    Take care guys xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. worrying....falling behind again but no Jen so not too bad.
    All sounding good with the average day for you...elephants and monkeys...sounds just like my day at school. Open day tomorrow say could have a time delay before my next blog. Can you block Bex for a day so I can catch up.
    Love you loads x

    ReplyDelete